In Tennessee, you do not need a referral or prescription to see a physical therapist for up to 6 visits. However, having a referral can be helpful with insurance reimbursement of the services provided. We will be happy to expedite your first few visits without a referral, but may ask you to seek a prescription from a physician after the first few visits. We can make a recommendation for a physician if needed.
Patients with Medicare MUST have a referral.
- neck and back pain/injuries
- hand, wrist, and elbow injuries
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS) /upper extremity neurovascular disorders
- knee and hip injuries
- shoulder injuries
- foot and ankle pain/injuries
- post-surgical rehabilitation
- sports injuries
- general weakness/conditioning
- upper extremity lymphedema management
- Gait and Balance
You will need to bring with you: your insurance card, Valid Photo I.D, script/prescription from your doctor, new patient paperwork.
Filling out the registration form online beforehand will expediate the registration process.